Sunday, June 17, 2012

After all of my ruuunnnniiinnn' I'm finally coooommmmiiiiinnnn'...

I realize I've been gone for a hot second, but here I am on my second go around. True is I got a bit overwhelmed. I felt like writing everyday got to be a chore instead of motivation which is what it was always supposed to be so I stopped. Anyway, I messed up my knee, yet again, a couple months ago and am just now getting back into the swing of things. Needless to say I'm no longer on schedule to run my first marathon this summer, but I have signed up for a half (which is a good place to start, regardless) and it's just 9 short weeks away. So, I'll be starting my official training this week. If all goes well, I'm still shooting for my first marathon sometime this winter, which gives me a reason to plan a trip to the lower 48. Oh, right, I forgot to mention that I am now officially and for the foreseeable future back in Alaska. I got out of the Navy at the beginning of May, started classes at the end of May and will be starting my new job at the end of August, so I have the entire summer work free and am able to focus on my 2 classes and my training. YAY for a great summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment