|I may have waited a liiiittle too|
long between laundry days...These
are clean, by the way.
I realize my first two posts were pretty long and I promise these posts will become less long-winded as I get further into training. Anyway, I had a really good productive day. Started with laundry, which was way over due...by like 2 weeks. Kind of disgusting, but it's done now and my closet is looking much more organized now that I don't have dirty laundry all over my floor.
|Mizuno Wave Creation 12, my|
new running shoes. I ordered
them off Zappos on sale! Yay!
I made a trip to Running Wild (the one and only specialty running store and the only store that carries Newtons and Mizunos in Pensacola). I tried on Newtons, decided I wasn't a huge fan. It may be just because I'm not used to them, but I think I'm just not ready to take the plunge. It makes me nervous dropping a couple hundred dollars on shoes I'm not guaranteed to like or use. So, I tried on some Mizunos as well and found a pair I loved. I ended up ordering them online, because I can get them cheaper, and I found them on Zappos on sale. So in store they would have been $130 and I ended up paying $91. Good deal!
|Two new pairs of Under Armor |
|My newest piece of conforming|
to n0n-conforming...The fab four
|just before my run Super |
excited about trying out my
Anyway, I take tomorrow off. Not so excited about that, but I'm being good and sticking to the schedule. Still motivated, still excited. Love telling people I'm training for a marathon! My first training day is Tuesday and I'll be running 3 miles which obviously, since thats what I did today, it's not going to be a problem.
I've decided to add what I'm working on and what I'm thankful for at the end of each post. Keeps me focused and helps me appreciate the small things. So, here goes.
Things I'm working on: What am I not working on at this point?
1. The most prominent at the moment other than stamina is my foot positio when I land. I am bad heel striker and I'm trying to strike with the forefoot first. I did about 80% of tonights run using forefoot, but got lazy toward the end. My lower back calf is tight now, so I'm hoping thats a sign I was doing it right.
2. My arm swing. I tend to come across my body, which is inefficient and on long runs can add to fatigue, so I;m working on relaxing my shoulders, keeping my arms at a 90 degree angle and swinging forward instead of across.
Things I'm thankful for: A lot today, but my top three in no specific order:
1. I'm thankful for my body working exactly as it should and growing stronger by the day.
2. I'm thankful I am able to express myself in any form I choose.
3. I am thankful for my friends and family and the support and love they continue to give me no matter what "scheme I'm up to this time."