Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Finding my soulmate

So, I started my 365 days of "This Book Will Change Your Life". Yesterday was just a warm-up so they had easy, non-threatning activities (as you can see by the list I had to choose from). So I did 4 of them. My life is not yet changed, but I have hope. 
I was also supposed to have a rest day yesterday, but was itching to run, and feel that, much like my creativity, my desire to run shouldn't be stifled. So, I went for a 4 mile run last night, turns out I should have only done 3. Other than hurricane force winds the weather was perfect...maybe a little to perfect and I was wishing I hadn't put on the extra layer by 5 minutes into my run. You see, all weekend and all day yesterday it was bitter cold and I assumed that it hadn't heated up in the few hours that I had been home from work. Wrong. As Florida weather often does, the temperature spiked by 15-20 degrees in the 4 hours between leaving work and stepping outside for my run. Oh, Florida, you fickle beast. 
Anyway, the run ended up being alright. I felt like I was dragging a 50 lbs weight behind me through 80% of my run, because the wind was so strong. I've provided you with a diagram so you may understand how strong the wind was. -------------------->
It may not be to scale, but you get the gist. 
I am doing my first 5k race this weekend (impromptu...my favorite kind) as follows: 
2012 Joe Cain Classic 5k, fun run and Moon Pie dash Canal Street and Broad Street Mobile, Ala. Sunday, February 19, 2012 @ 8:00 AM.
Very excited to get back out into the racing world. Hopefully the weather cooperates. 
Not running today. Pick training back up wednesday. 
Here is today's (Day 2) 365 days of "This Book Will Change Your Life." In case you can't read it, the description reads as follows: Day 2: The Love of Your Life. "Today, gaze at everyone wondering whether they might be the one true love of your life, the one destined for you and you alone and whether you may be passing them by forever... Act in consequence." Believe it or not I didn't pick this one because it's Valentines Day. It just so happened that Day 2 was about finding love and it happened to land on Valentines day. Maybe it's fate. My notes on how the day went are included but, again, in case you can't make out what it says it reads as follows: So, I'm sorry to say (or maybe relieved, I haven't decided which is the more prevalent emotion) I did not, in fact, find my soulmate. But god knows I tried. Maybe a little to hard, because I got more than one creeped out glare in return, but alas, no luck. Maybe I'm just not in the right city. I may need to return to this day when I move to Orlando." Or maybe not.

Things I'm working on: 
1. Sticking to the plan. As I've demonstrated, I throw my entire week off if I don't stick to the plan. Makes for hassle and headache.
2. Committing to races. I have races planned, but not many that I've actually signed up for. I need to make the commitment and really do this...like for reals.
Things I'm thankful for:
1. Good moods. I woke up in a horrible mood, because my jaw was killing me, but as soon as I got to work I just felt happy. I ended up getting a docs appointment this morning (that almost never happens... getting an appointment the same day you call), and it seems they are finally trying to figure out whats up with my jaw. Hurray for good days!
2. Pizza. Me and my co-worker, Emily, went to this amazing pizza place just outside the front gate. Always amazing food, and it's nice being able to eat loads of carbs with little guilt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment