Thursday, February 16, 2012

T-minus 3 days until Mobile, 5ks and Moon Pies! Also on the schedge for the weekend, long run on Friday (cause I'm doing the 5k on my normally scheduled long run day), then Going away dinner + movie for mi amigo, Shell (lucky bastard is breaking out of this jail I call Pensacola). Could be an awkward time, as it will be 8 married moms and...me. 
However, Saturday will be quite the opposite. A little mardi Gras fun. All kinds of parades this weekend and I even recieved my very first strand of official mardi gras beads today, because a couple guys in my office are part of Krewes and so they handed out krewe beads so that we were all sure to get some. So fun! I'm pretty excited. 
Krewe of Blues...Ha! So cute. Thats
a fedora...you know, beacuse it's
krewe of blues...
Then of course the 5k bright and early on Sunday. Should be an exciting weekend. 
Rest day today. I did 4 miles with my friend Shell yesterday, the same shell I'll be running the 5k with on Sunday. I really enjoy running with others, but I tend to forget that when I don't do it for a long time. Note to self, run with others more often. I had a bit of a messed up running schedule this week. 2 medium runs, 1 long run and 1 short run, But I didn't over do it and I still get all my runs in, so I'm satisfied. Instead of running I went to target and bought very cheap conversation hearts...best part of Valentines day, fo sho! 
Mmm, such a nutritous dinner. Not gonna lie, I ate a handful of those hearts and never wanted to see them again. I got a straight sugar hangover...with the quickness!


I spent my evening watching to much tv and wanting to vom from my sugar hangover. No complaints. 

Oh, yeah and I am still on my "This Book Will Change Your Life" journey, but I forgot to scan the pages today, so I'll post Day 3, 4 and 5 tomorrow. 

OH!!! AND I had my first wipeout on my bike today. I'm so proud! I feel like a real bike communter now. No broken bones but a good scrape on my hand and a group of Marines who think I'm insane, so a success all around! 

Things I'm working on:
1. Running with friends more often, because it's so much funner and it pushes me.
2. Getting excited about the long runs. I'm good at the medium runs, but I still get nervous about the longer runs and I would really love to get to a place where I'm genuinely excited and ready for them.
3. WATER!!!
Things I'm thankful for:
1. Post Valentines day Valetine candy. Even if it does make me sick... gives me the sense of sticking it the man...and by the man I mean St Valentine (all 14 of them).
2. Logic thinking and practical advice.
3. MOVING BACK TO ALASKA! Yayah!

No comments:

Post a Comment